Cancún beach party
Kitty Bean Yancey writing in USA TODAY says that tourism officials are throwing what’s billed as "world’s largest beach party" from August 11th -13th, including sand-sculpture and surfing contests, food, music and booze.
The article also includes some hotel updates…
- the 515-room Westin Resort & Spa reopened July 7th, but still has rooms being worked on
- the 365-room Ritz-Carlton Cancun is due to reopen in mid-September
- the 450-room J.W. Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa has 235 rooms open. All are due back by the end of August
- the 450-room Marriott Casa Magna Cancun Resort has 200 rooms open; all are due back by the end of August
- the 300-room Hyatt Regency Cancun is due back in November